Throughout BioOhio’s 30+ year history, the organization has worked with local, state and federal agencies, officials and representatives to promote Ohio’s bioscience industry, BioOhio members, and the health and prosperity of Ohio.
BioOhio also proudly serves as the Ohio affiliate of national industry groups Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed), Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO), Medical Device and Manufacturing Association (MDMA), and Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America (PhRMA).
If you would like to get involved or have questions about these issues, please contact a member of the BioOhio team.
On the forefront of furthering lifesaving, landmark innovation, the biotechnology industry promises to continue to heal, fuel and feed the world. Learn about the key issues facing our biotechnology sectors, and how to get involved and share your biotechnology story with BIOAction.
Purpose of Advocacy, Government Relations and Public Policy: Educate, Engage, & Change
- Educate elected officials – most are not industry experts and value constituent guidance
- Influence regulations within executive agencies
- Shape legislative process and policies – industry has the unique experiences and job-creating power that makes bioscience issues a top priority
- Affect elections, polling, and the media – ensure support of decision-makers who champion constituents’ causes
- Lead to active partnerships across the bioscience business community
Why Constituents Matter
- Increase their credibility with the community
- Employ other constituents
- Help with fundraising and re-election efforts
- Secure local media coverage to highlight activities in their district
- Mark the district and the state of Ohio as nationwide leaders in advancements within the bioscience field