Welcome to the August edition of the BioOhio BioBulletin!
In this issue: Membership, BioOhio Events, Job Openings, Save with Chubb, Government Relations, Ohio Bioscience News, Events Calendar, and Support your Local STEM School
We are pleased to welcome Coologics, Guardian Medical USA, Lentechs, Novartis, State and Federal Communications, TSS Technologies, WDSrx (Woodfield Distribution), Malia Bizzell, and William Dunlevy as new BioOhio members.
Thank you to our members who renewed their support of BioOhio this month: AdvaMed, Celgene Corporation, CoverMyMeds, Cuyahoga Community College, Dayton Development Coalition / Accelerant, Exsurco Medical, Insperity, LexaMed, Medical Device Manufacturers Association (MDMA), NAMSA, Oxyrase, PhageVax, Porter Wright Morris & Arthur LLP, QUARA Innovations, Regulatory & Quality Solutions (R&Q), RJR Consulting, Team NEO, Tedia Company, VWR International, and Peter Kleinhenz.
Everything we do is driven by member requests. Thank you to the entire BioOhio member family that continues to support our efforts. Click here to learn about the many benefits and resources available, whether you are currently a member or are thinking about joining. For existing members, 2-year renewals receive a 5% discount.
The 2018 Ohio Bioscience Expo, September 25 in Columbus at COSI
The only event of its kind in Ohio! Free to attend, details here!
Meet established & start-up bioscience companies, suppliers, service providers, and innovators in Ohio’s exciting bioscience field! Exhibitors and attendees alike will connect with new customers, find new collaborators and partners, find colleagues in the industry, and discover companies making cutting edge products.
35+ exhibitors already registered, sponsorship sold out. Sign up today to secure your booth! Be a part of this exciting event!
The FDA MedTech Regulatory Forum, August 28 in Cleveland at the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
This year’s event brings medical device industry experts and regulatory professionals directly to you. We’ll discuss changing regulations and present actionable recommendations for next steps, along with examining other critical industry trends. The event will also be an excellent networking opportunity. Register here.
Ohio Bioscience Networking Socials, August 28 in Cleveland and November 14 in Cincinnati
BioOhio’s next Cleveland area social will be held at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, featuring live music from BioOhio’s own, The Goldsberrys. Our Greater Cincinnati area social will be at the Newport Aquarium, a regional event in partnership with BioOhio’s fellow statewide bioscience organizations, Indiana Health Industry Forum and the Kentucky Life Sciences Council. Click here for details!
The Women in Bioscience & Healthcare Conference, October 18 in Columbus
Open to men and women alike, join us for an event in partnership with the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA Columbus), featuring speakers covering topics that include career paths, expanding research, harnessing ideas in healthcare, and STEAM initiatives, with plenty of opportunities for networking. Register here
Neuroscience Discovery & Alternatives to Opioids, November 14 in the Greater Cincinnati area at the Newport Aquarium
This conference, held in partnership with Neurotechnology Innovations Translator, Indiana Health Industry Forum and the Kentucky Life Sciences Council, will highlight innovations in neuroscience research and Ohio technologies that are addressing the opioid crisis. This event will also feature an Alternatives to Opioids Tech Showcase. Click here to attend or exhibit!
Cybersecurity in Medical Devices, December 5 in Columbus
This IoMT (Internet of Medical Things) event will feature medical device and diagnostics professionals discussing their challenges and opportunities with networked medical device design, governance, risk management, and more. Learn more here.
Abeona Therapeutics – Assay Development – Biologics – Protein Characterization / Immunology, Biostatistician – Clinical Trials Design, Director, Assay Development – Gene & Cell Therapy, Manufacturing Associate – Biologics Manufacturing, Product Development Scientist, QC Associate – Biologics, Quality Assurance Specialist, Scientist – Biologics Manufacturing, and Technical Writer – GMP Gene Therapy Manufacturing. Details here, click here to apply.
Intellirod Spine, Inc. – Development QA Engineer. Details here.
JALEX Medical – Medical Device Design Engineer. Details here.
Neurotechnology Innovations Translator (NIT) – R&D Team, Sr. Director of Clinical Operations, Director of Product Development, Sr. Product Development Engineer, Director of Clinical Science, and Clinical Research Associate. Details here, send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Precision Enviornments, Inc. – Estimator, HVAC Engineer, and Site Superintendent. Send resumes to email@example.com.
Sollis Therapeutics – Director of Regulatory Affairs, Corporate Project Manager, and Senior Director of CMC. Details here.
For more than 25 years, Chubb has been providing cost-effective risk management and insurance protection tailored to the unique needs of biotechnology companies. Chubb’s products include property and casualty, product liability, clinical trial liability, errors and omissions liability, and professional liability insurance. Chubb personnel specialize in the biotech market; they understand the issues and develop tailored solutions. Click here to read about Chubb and all our member savings programs.
As the Ohio affiliate of AdvaMed, BIO, MDMA and PhRMA, BioOhio participates in advocacy for issues that matter to our members, our industry and the health and prosperity of Ohio.
Ohio Bioscience News
BioOhio.com/News is Ohio’s best source for bioscience-related current events. From local and national sources, stories include member and non-member organizations, STEM education, research discoveries, legislative issues, funding news, and more. The following are just a few stories from this month.
- Athersys makes important leadership hire
- Cleveland Clinic & Parker Hannifin create catheter to treat brain tumors
- FibreTuff Medical Biopolymers opens new facility
- Hikma Pharmaceuticals wants to boost production in Columbus
- NuVasive appoints new leader at Ohio manufacturing site
- OSU breaks school record with licensing income at $8M
- Stirling Ultracold expands with design & sales office in Columbus
- ViewRay closes public stock offering
- WDSrx announces first Ohio site for pharma logistics
- 2018 bioscience-related private investment at $357M to date
More stories at BioOhio.com/news: Abeona Therapeutics, CleveMed, Control Bionics, Cuyahoga Community College, Graminex, Kettering Health, Locus Bio-Energy Solutions, N8 Medical, Navidea, Olive (CrossChx), OnShift, Organic Technologies, Sinclair Community College, SPR Therapeutics, The University of Toledo, and more!
- August 30 – BioOhio Public Policy Committee Call and Update Contact us to learn more
- August 31 – NIH Small Business Innovation Research Information Session (Columbus)
- Sept 6 – Opioid Summit: U.S. Attorney’s Office Northern District of Ohio (Cleveland)
- Sept 7 – Venture Law Meetup – Donuts and Coffee Series (Cleveland)
- Sept 6-9 – 2018 Rare Lung Diseases Conference (Covington, KY)
- Sept 10 – Advanced Biobased Systems Workshop: Pipeline to Commercialization (Columbus)
- Sept 12 – G2G Lunch + Learn: Capturing Non-Dilutive Government Funding (Cleveland)
- Sept 12-13 – Xavier Health Combination Products Summit 2018 (Cincinnati)
- Sept 13 – Indiana Medical Device Manufacturers Council’s 2018 Reg 102 (Indianapolis, IN)
- Sept 14 – Women in Healthcare Leadership (Columbus)
- Sept 20 – 5th Annual ProMedica Innovations Summit (Toledo)
- Sept 20 – Light the Night Zanesville Walk (Zanesville)
- Sept 21 – MDMA 2018 Medical Technology Executive Forum (Palo Alto, CA)
- BioOhio members are eligible for a $100 discount
- Sept 24-26 – The MedTech Conference: Innovation Transforming Healthcare (Philadelphia, PA)
- Sept 25 – The 2018 Ohio Bioscience Expo (Columbus)
- Sept 26-27 – Life Sciences Baltics International Exhibition 2018 (Lithuania)
- Oct 9 – University of Toledo CareerCon 2018 (Toledo)
- Oct 14-16 – Leaders in Biobanking (Cleveland)
- Oct 18 – Women in Bioscience & Healthcare Conference (Columbus)
- Oct 20-21 – 2018 Cleveland Medical Hackathon (Cleveland)
- Oct 22 – Cleveland Clinic’s 2018 Medical Innovation Summit- Disruption: Reimagining Healthcare (Cleveland)
- Oct 23-24 – Xavier Health Cybersecurity Summit 2018 (Cincinnati)
- Oct 26 – Light the Night Walk Columbus (Columbus)
- Oct 29-30 – BARDA Industry Day 2018: Driving Innovation (Washington, DC)
- Oct 31-Nov 1 – MD&M Minneapolis (Minneapolis, MN)
- Nov 14 – Neuroscience Discovery & Alternatives to Opioids (Greater Cincinnati)
- Nov 14 – Ohio Bioscience Networking Social (Greater Cincinnati)
- Dec 5 – Cybersecurity in Medical Devices (Columbus)
Support your Local STEM School
If your organization has gently-used/excess equipment or supplies, please consider donating to a bioscience program at an area STEM school. BioOhio can help find a match with a member school for what you might otherwise discard. Contact Drew at BioOhio for more information.
Contact us anytime we can be of assistance. Thanks for your continued support.
John F. Lewis, Jr., BioOhio, President & CEO
(614) 675-3686 x1262, firstname.lastname@example.org