Season’s Greetings and Happy Holidays from BioOhio!
We would like to wish you a safe and happy holiday season and a peaceful, prosperous New Year! The BioOhio staff and Board of Trustees extend a heartfelt thank you to you, the heart of the bioscience community. May your days be filled with hope and joy. We look forward to 2019 and working with you in making the world a better, healthier place.
In this issue: BioOhio Events, Membership Updates, BioOhio Sponsorship, 2019 BIO Convention Discount for BioOhio Members, Job Openings, Government Relations, and Community Events
2018 BioOhio Public Policy and Government Relations Networking Event | Dec 10 at 1pm at Rev1 Ventures
Please join us Monday, December 10th for our annual end-of-year, casual get-together to reflect on our public policy accomplishments this year and prepare for 2019. Together with G2G, we invite you to join this wonderful opportunity to get to know BioOhio public policy committee members, government relations professionals, BioOhio members, and interested members of the bioscience community. Register here!
The 13th Annual Ohio Bioscience Career Fairs
2/25 in Columbus/Gahanna
2/26 in Cincinnati/Mason
Are you looking to hire top talent to grow your biotech organization in Ohio? Are you looking for a job, internship, or co-op in the exciting field of bioscience?
Join us in February for the Ohio Bioscience Career Fairs in central and southwest Ohio. A northeast Ohio event will be held based on demand. Free for job seekers! Employers, apply to exhibit now!
Thank you to our members who renewed their support of BioOhio this month: Aerpio Pharmaceuticals, Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Eccrine Systems, Neuros Medical, REA Incorporated, SmartShape Design, STATKING Clinical Services, and Marc Lemaitre.
Everything we do is driven by member requests. Thank you to the entire BioOhio member family that continues to support our efforts. Click here to learn about the many benefits and resources available, whether you are currently a member or are thinking about joining. For existing members, 2-year renewals receive a 5% discount.
BioOhio is a 501(c)(3) organization and contributions assist our mission: “Connecting and serving Ohio’s bioscience community to drive success in improving global quality of life.” As 2019 marketing budgets are being prepared, we encourage you to consider including BioOhio membership and sponsorship as a part of your plan. You’ll save money and enjoy maximum visibility by bundling them. For starters, by combining your annual BioOhio membership and event sponsorship, we will reduce your annual dues by $200.
BioOhio has many events planned for 2019 taking place around the state. Sponsoring BioOhio events is an extremely effective way to gain visibility and marketing exposure. Contact Jen Goldsberry if you’d like to discuss creating a marketing package that works for your goals and budget.
BioOhio members may lock in a significant discount on two premier registration packages for the 2019 BIO International Convention in Philadelphia, June 3-6: Convention Access and Convention Access & Partnering. Follow this link to complete the form by January 18th to lock in your savings.
Registration for BIO 2019 is not required at this point, but you do need to be a BioOhio member. Simply complete the form, and you will be sent your discount code prior to registration opening in early January 2019.
We understand that finding the right employer-talent connection is a daunting task for both companies and job seekers alike. To help our members grow, and job seekers find the right position, BioOhio lists current opportunities with member companies in our newsletter and on our website.
Abeona Therapeutics – Director of Data Management – Clinical Operations and Quality Assurance Manager – Clinical Operations. Details here.
Aerpio Pharmaceuticals – Director/Associate Director of Pharmacology. Details here.
Eccrine Systems – Biostatistician, Director of Product Marketing, Research Scientist (Molecular Biology), Sales Market Leader, Director of Translational Research, Web Developer, Electrical Engineer, Microfluidics Scientist, Recruiting Manager, R&D Engineering Technician, Lead Research Engineer (Sensors), Part-Time Medical Director, and Co-op/Internship. Details here.
Jalex Medical – Design Engineer and Regulatory and Quality Systems Specialist. Details here.
Kaleidoscope – Director, Design (UX/UI & ID). Details here.
The LAM Foundation – Patient Services Manager. Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Quidel – Complement Scientist. Details here.
Sollis Therapeutics – Director of Process Engineering. Details here.
Thermalin – Laboratory Associate – Bioconjugation, Laboratory Associate – Protein Expression, Research Associate – Protein Formulation, and Lab Associate – Protein Purification. Details here.
As the Ohio affiliate of AdvaMed, BIO, MDMA and PhRMA, BioOhio participates in advocacy for issues that matter to our members, our industry and the health and prosperity of Ohio.
- Jan 6-10 – 2019 J.P. Morgan Health Care Investor Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- Jan 23 – Bioscience Networking Social (Toledo)
- January – RAPS Ohio, New Developments in the Premarket Notification Process, date TBA, email Drew for info (Cleveland)
- Feb 1 – Meet-and-Greet with Ohio Legislators LaTourette and Dolan (Cleveland)
- Feb 5-7 – MD&M West 2019 (Anaheim, CA)
- Feb 11 – HIMSS19 Conference & Exhibition (Orlando, FL)
- Feb 25 – Ohio Bioscience Career Fair in Central Ohio (Gahanna)
- Feb 26 – Ohio Bioscience Career Fair in Southwest Ohio (Mason)
- March 7 – Nationwide Children’s Hospital Therapeutics Showcase (Columbus)
- March 10-15 – 2019 Molecular Medicine Tri-Conference (San Francisco, CA)
- March 10-15 – 2019 Bio-IT World West Conference & Expo (San Francisco, CA)
- March 12-15 – FDA/Xavier PharmaLink 2019 (Cincinnati)
- March 17-21 – Pittcon 2019 (Philadelphia, PA)
- March 22 – Biotech Showcase hosted by the Biomedical Engineering Society at Ohio State(Columbus)
- March 27-28 – Xavier Health EU MDR Workshop 2019 (Cincinnati)
- April 5 – Application Deadline – Ohio Supercomputer Center Summer Institute
- April 5 – Application Deadline – Ohio Supercomputer Center Young Women’s Summer Institute
- April 16-18 – Bio-IT World 2019 (Boston, MA)
- April 17-18 – 2019 Medical Capital Innovation Competition (Cleveland)
- April 23-24 – MedCity INVEST 2019 (Chicago, IL)
- April 30-May 3 – FDA/Xavier MedCon 2019 (Cincinnati)
Contact us anytime we can be of assistance. Thanks for your continued support.
John, Jen, Drew, Lauren, Scott, and Olivia