Welcome to the July edition of the BioOhio BioBulletin!
In this issue: Membership, BioOhio Events, Job Openings, Save with Office Depot, Government Relations, Ohio Bioscience News, Events Calendar, and Support your Local STEM School
Thank you to our members who renewed their support of BioOhio this month: Aon Risk Solutions, BioHio Research Park, Britton Gallagher, Crystal Diagnostics, DardenLentz, FibreTuff Medical Biopolymers, Healthmark Industries, LeadScope, Ohio Chamber of Commerce, Sinclair Community College, VentureMed Group, and ZED Digital.
BioOhio offers a 5% discount on two-year membership renewals. Thanks to the entire BioOhio member family that continues to support our efforts. Everything we do is driven by member requests. Click here to learn about the many benefits and resources available, whether you are currently a member or are thinking about joining.
The 2018 Ohio Bioscience Expo, September 25 in Columbus at COSI
Exhibitors and attendees alike will connect with new customers, find new collaborators and partners, meet colleagues in the industry, and discover companies making cutting edge products. Apply to exhibit and register here.
Ohio Bioscience Networking Socials, August 28 in Cleveland and November 14 in Cincinnati
BioOhio’s fun socials bring Ohio’s bioscience players together to get to know one another in a casual atmosphere. Register here.
The Women in Bioscience & Healthcare Conference, October 18 in Columbus
Open to men and women alike, join us for an event in partnership with the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA Columbus), featuring speakers covering topics that include career paths, expanding research, harnessing ideas in healthcare, and STEAM initiatives, with plenty of opportunities for networking. Register here
Neuroscience Discovery & Alternatives to Opioids, November 14 in the Greater Cincinnati area at the Newport Aquarium
This conference, held in partnership with Neurotechnology Innovations Translator, Indiana Health Industry Forum and the Kentucky Life Sciences Council, will highlight innovations in neuroscience research and Ohio technologies that are addressing the opioid crisis. This event will also feature an Alternatives to Opioids Tech Showcase. Apply to exhibit and register here.
Cybersecurity in Medical Devices, December 5 in Columbus
This IoMT (Internet of Medical Things) event will feature medical device and diagnostics professionals discussing their challenges and opportunities with networked medical device design, governance, risk management, and more. Learn more here.
Abeona Therapeutics – Assay Development – Biologics – Protein Characterization / Immunology, Biostatistician – Clinical Trials Design, Director of Quality Control – Biologics, Director, Assay Development, Manufacturing Associate – Biologics Manufacturing, Product Development Scientist, QC Associate – Biologics, Quality Assurance Specialist – Supplier / Material Management, QC Associate – Bioassay Testing, and Scientist – Biologics Manufacturing
Applied Biomolecular Technologies – Protein Biochemistry/Molecular Biology Research Associate
JALEX Medical – Medical Device Design Engineer
Neurotechnology Innovations Translator (NIT) – R&D Team, Sr. Director of Clinical Operations, Director of Product Development, Sr. Product Development Engineer, Director of Clinical Science, and Clinical Research Associate
Quidel – Product Development Associate (Cell Culture), Medical Diagnostic Product Support, and Development Scientist
Sollis – Senior Director of CMC and Director of Quality Assurance
Stirling Ultracold – Inside Sales Representative
BioOhio members, do you have job openings at your company you would like to post in the BioOhio BioBulletin? Contact Lauren with the job title and how to apply.
Office Depot is one of the world’s largest sellers of office products and offers member companies significant discounts on office supplies, furniture, and equipment. The BIO-Office Depot program’s aggressive pricing is based on $6 million of total annual volume. Program participants of any size and with multiple locations can realize significant cost savings through category management, online tools, and reporting that help streamline ordering. Click here to read about Office Depot and all our member savings programs.
As the Ohio affiliate of AdvaMed, BIO, MDMA and PhRMA, BioOhio participates in advocacy for issues that matter to our members, our industry and the health and prosperity of Ohio.
- Ohio Legislative Update for July 2018
- BioOhio Applauds House Vote Repealing Medical Device Tax
- AdvaMed Statement on House Passage of Device Tax Repeal
- MDMA Statement on House Passage of a Full Repeal of the Medical Device Tax
- BioOhio is hosting a Public Policy Committee Call on August 30 at 2pm. Contact us to RSVP.
Ohio Bioscience News
BioOhio.com/News is Ohio’s best source for bioscience-related current events. From local and national sources, stories include member and non-member organizations, STEM education, research discoveries, legislative issues, funding news, and more. The following are just a few stories from this month.
- CoverMyMeds 1,000+ job HQ plan gets state tax support
- Ohio Innovation Fund leads $7M investment in RXQ Compounding
- BioOhio alum Scott Osborne named interim VP for corporate engagement at OSU
- BioEnterprise and Bounce Innovation Hub expand biomedical resources
- CWRU startup XaTek helps people taking blood thinners, raises $9.1M
- Stirling Ultracold’s CEO sees demand for his freezers heating up
- Beam Dental’s Alex Frommeyer on how success can follow darkest days
More stories at BioOhio.com/News: Battelle, Batten Disease Support and Research Association, BioMotiv, Camargo Pharmaceutical Services, CareSource, Caron Products, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland Clinic, Community Tissue Services, Convelo Therapeutics, Hocking College, IncludeHealth, NAMSA, Nottingham Spirk, Ohio Third Frontier, Ohio University, P&G, Riverain Technologies, Scotts Miracle-Gro, Sirrus, TempTraq, The University of Toledo, Touch Bionics, and more!
- August 1 – FYI-Medical Marijuana in Ohio (North Canton)
- August 6-8 – Cancer Stem Cell Conference 2018 (Cleveland)
- August 7 – Webinar: EU MDR 2017/745: Optimizing Clinical Evaluation Reports Within the Medical Device Lifecycle
- August 9 – Webinar: Making Youth Engagement Part of Your Workforce Strategy
- August 9 – Cybersecurity for Manufacturers Workshop (Columbus)
- August 10 – 2018 HTMA-OH Annual Conference and Expo: “Time for a REBOOT!” (Columbus)
- August 13-16 – Technology Requirements & Innovation Awareness Days (TRIAD)
- August 14 – BIOCENE 2018 (Cleveland)
- August 15 – Webinar: Arbitration in Life Sciences Transaction Disputes
- August 15 – ShareVault Webinar: The Nuts and Bolts of Selecting a CRO
- August 23 – 889 Global Solutions Lunch and Learn: Manufacturing Overseas-What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You (Columbus)
- August 23-24 – Xavier Health AI Summit 2018 (Cincinnati)
- August 28 – The FDA MedTech Regulatory Forum (Cleveland)
- August 28 – Ohio Bioscience Networking Social (Cleveland)
- August 30 – BioOhio Public Policy Committee Call and Update Contact us to learn more
- Sept 6-9 – 2018 Rare Lung Diseases Conference (Covington, KY)
- Sept 10 – Advanced Biobased Systems Workshop: Pipeline to Commercialization (Columbus)
- Sept 11 – Xavier Health Combination Products Summit 2018 (Cincinnati)
- Sept 20 – Save the date for the 5th annual ProMedica Innovations Summit (Toledo)
- Sept 20 – Light the Night Zanesville Walk (Zanesville)
- Sept 21 – MDMA 2018 Medical Technology Executive Forum (Palo Alto, CA)
- BioOhio members are eligible for a $100 discount
- Sept 25 – The 2018 Ohio Bioscience Expo (Columbus)
- Sept 26-27 – Life Sciences Baltics International Exhibition 2018 (Lithuania)
- Oct 14-16 – Leaders in Biobanking (Cleveland)
- Oct 18 – Women in Bioscience & Healthcare Conference (Columbus)
- Oct 22 – Cleveland Clinic’s 2018 Medical Innovation Summit- Disruption: Reimagining Healthcare (Cleveland)
- Oct 23-24 – Xavier Health Cybersecurity Summit 2018 (Cincinnati)
- Oct 26 – Light the Night Walk Columbus (Columbus)
- Oct 29-30 – BARDA Industry Day 2018: Driving Innovation (Washington, DC)
- Nov 14 – Neuroscience Discovery & Alternatives to Opioids (Cincinnati)
- Dec 5 – Cybersecurity in Medical Devices (Columbus)
Support your Local STEM School
If your organization has gently-used/excess equipment or supplies, please consider donating to a bioscience program at an area STEM school. BioOhio can help find a match with a member school for what you might otherwise discard. Contact Drew at BioOhio for more information.
Contact us anytime we can be of assistance. Thanks for your continued support.
John F. Lewis, Jr., BioOhio, President & CEO
(614) 675-3686 x1262, email@example.com