Welcome to the November edition of the BioOhio BioBulletin!
In the spirit of giving thanks, we want to take a moment and thank everyone for not only your support of our organization, but for the hard work you do each day. Across all sectors of bioscience the goal is the same, to improve the quality of life in our community and around the globe. BioOhio is proud to support and salute your efforts. We hope you have a wonderful and warm Thanksgiving.
In this issue: Membership, 2018 BioOhio Events, International Export and EU Clinical Regulatory Considerations, 2018 Ohio Bioscience Career Fairs, Ohio Bioscience News, Member Savings, Job Openings, Government Relations, and the Events Calendar.
We are pleased to welcome Velocity Group as a new BioOhio member.
Thank you to the following companies who renewed their BioOhio membership this month: 889 Global Solutions, Aerpio Pharmaceuticals, Diapharma, Eccrine Systems, G2G Consulting, Novo Nordisk, REDI Cincinnati, Thermedx, and student member Joseph Stanford.
Remember, BioOhio offers a 5% discount on two-year membership renewals.
As always, thanks to the entire BioOhio member family that continues to support our efforts.
Everything we do is driven by member requests. Click here to learn about the many benefits and resources available, whether you are currently a member or thinking about joining.
2018 BioOhio Events
BioOhio is planning a full year of exciting and rewarding event programming. Click here for a look ahead at BioOhio functions in 2018!
To ensure each event offers the most value for Ohio’s bioscience community, we would love your ideas and input. If you would like to be involved in this capacity, please volunteer to be on our event planning committee. In this role, we will seek advice on topics, themes, and speaker suggestions. If interested, email Jen Goldsberry at email@example.com.
Please join us Tuesday, December 5th for a casual get-together with peers from around the bioscience community, including BioOhio public policy committee members and government relations professionals representing BioOhio members.
If you have an interest in how the bioscience community engages with government, this is a wonderful opportunity to get to know one another, reflect on our public policy accomplishments this year, and discuss the recent elections and upcoming issues in 2018 that impact bioscience companies. We hope to see you there.
Click here to register.
2018 marks the 12th year of BioOhio’s Ohio Bioscience Career Fairs. BioOhio will hold fairs this February in Central, Northeast, and Southwest Ohio.
These events are designed to match job seekers with Ohio’s growing biomedical organizations, featuring top employers in the biotech, pharmaceutical, R&D, and medical device industries. Attendees include recent and soon-to-be graduates as well as experienced individuals looking for new career paths.
Click here to learn more and apply to be an exhibitor. Job seeker registration will open soon.
Ohio Bioscience News
The Industry News page on BioOhio.com is the state’s best source for bioscience current events. Stories are gathered from a wide range of state and national news outlets, member and non-member companies, educational and research organizations, and more.
Ohio bioscience growing strong
- Cardinal Health sells China business for $1.2B, also launches Opioid Action Program in Appalachia
- Updox moving to Dublin’s Bridge Park and planning more hires
- CoverMyMeds plans to hire hundreds in Columbus and Cleveland
- Midmark moving headquarters from Dayton to Austin Landing and looks to Versailles for R&D hub, the University of Dayton to use vacated space for Air Force fleet research
- Updox and Healthy Roster elevate communications in healthcare, branding
- COMS Interactive and PointClickCare help providers with clinical transparency and quality outcomes
- Sermonix Pharmaceuticals raises $4.2M and prepares for Phase II breast cancer study
Research and discovery continues in Ohio
- Invirsa secures $520k to develop treatments to common infectious diseases
- FibreTuff Medical Biopolymers update on exciting flexible mesh for device use
- Cedarville University student research could impact cancer treatment development
- Japanese study involving Athersys’ MultiStem enrolls its first patient
- Thermalin gets funding for diabetes research
- Battelle receives license from the DEA, allowing marijuana research
- Abeona enrolls first subject in ongoing Phase 1/2 clinical trial, roundup of other news
- Complion partners with Bio-Optronics on solutions for clinical research organizations
- OSU researchers probe brain disease-causing proteins at the atomic level
- N8 Medical announces publication supporting CeraShield endotracheal tube
- Case Western Reserve University among nation’s best in commercialization
- Nerve-blocking technology being used by Neuros Medical could treat asthma and heart failure
- Myriad/Assurex Health announces GeneSight psychotropic study results
- Youngstown Business Incubator chosen as first US site for new additive technology
Don’t miss these stories
- Ohio Soybean Council Foundation offers $44k in scholarships to biotech students
- Ethicon celebrates 130 years of transforming surgery to advance patient outcomes
- The International Rett Syndrome Foundation selects new executive director
- Surgeons beat heat stress with cooling vest invented by nursing student
- Aprecia Pharmaceuticals hires new CEO
- CincyTech’s seed-stage funding for tech startups has generated over $1B
- Plug and Play’s biotech bet on Cleveland affirms city’s innovation status
- Alkermes calls for review of data supporting FDA-approved opioid treatment options
- Biomimicry, the ancient, cutting-edge science, from the Nottingham Spirk blog
- Interview with Cardinal Health’s departing CEO George Barrett
- Cleveland Whiskey uses science to transform the industry
BioOhio has partnered with Clean Harbors Environmental Services, an industry leader in environmental and waste management services for the biotech, pharmaceutical, and healthcare industries to offer BioOhio members special pricing and discounts on disposal, transportation, materials, and online services to track waste and manage reporting. With Clean Harbors members eliminate significant liability and compliance issues by dealing with end disposal directly.
Click here to read about all our member savings programs.
BioOhio – Events Coordinator
BioOhio is excited to announce we are growing our membership team to better serve Ohio’s bioscience community! We currently have an opening for an Events Coordinator. Click here to learn more and apply.
Neuros Medical – QA-RA-CA Specialist, Configuration Assurance
BioOhio members, do you have job openings at your company you would like to post in the BioOhio BioBulletin? Contact Lauren@BioOhio.com with the job title and how to apply.
As the Ohio affiliate of AdvaMed, BIO, MDMA and PhRMA, BioOhio participates in advocacy for issues that matter to our members, our industry and the health and prosperity of Ohio.
- Nov 26-Dec 1 – RSNA Annual Meeting 2017 (Chicago, IL)
- Nov 28 – R&Q Webinar: Preparing Your CER For MDR
- Nov 29 – Going Global: International Export and EU Clinical Regulatory Considerations (Columbus)
- Nov 29 – NAMSA Webinar: ISO 10993 Update: Understanding the Use and Value of Biocompatibility Standards for Medical Devices
- Nov 30 – 2017 Girl Rising, presented by HBA Ohio (Blue Ash/Cincinnati)
- Dec 6 – 2017 New England Venture Summit (Boston, MA)
- Dec 7 – NAMSA Webinar: U.S. FDA Advisory Panel Meetings, Strategies to Maximize Success
- Dec 8 – Dayton ESP Med Tech Startup Showcase (Dayton)
- Feb 8 – Southwest Ohio Bioscience Career Fair (Mason/Cincinnati)
- Feb 9 – Central Ohio Bioscience Career Fair (Gahanna/Columbus)
- Feb 12-13 – BIO CEO & Investor Conference (New York City, NY)
- March 5-9 – HIMSS18 (Las Vegas, NV)
- March 7 – 2018 Health Sciences Technology Showcase presented by Nationwide Children’s Hospital (Columbus)
- March 7-8 – ADM Cleveland (Cleveland)
Contact us anytime we can be of assistance. Thanks for your continued support.
John F. Lewis, Jr., BioOhio, President & CEO
(614) 675-3686 x1262, firstname.lastname@example.org