Welcome to the September edition of the BioOhio BioBulletin!
In this issue: Membership, BioOhio Events, Job Openings, Save with Business Wire, Government Relations, Ohio Bioscience News, and the Events Calendar
Everything we do is driven by member requests. Thank you to the entire BioOhio member family that continues to support our efforts. Click here to learn about the many benefits and resources available, whether you are currently a member or are thinking about joining. For existing members, 2-year renewals receive a 5% discount.
The Women in Bioscience & Healthcare Conference, October 18 in Columbus
Open to men and women alike, join us for an event in partnership with the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA Columbus), featuring speakers covering topics that include career paths, expanding research, harnessing ideas in healthcare, and STEAM initiatives, with plenty of opportunities for networking. Register here.
Sponsors are an essential part of this event’s success, and allow registration rates to remain affordable. 200 attendees are expected, from various biotech backgrounds and roles. Support BioOhio and HBA, network with potential clients and partners, learn where opportunities and challenges lie, and build your brand in one of the Midwest’s top bioscience states. We’ve created several levels of sponsorship that will compliment any marketing budget, including a donation-based level. Please contact Jen Goldsberry to discuss your budget and goals. We can also combine sponsorship with membership for greater discounts.
Neuroscience Discovery & Alternatives to Opioids, November 14 in the Greater Cincinnati area at the Newport Aquarium
This conference, held in partnership with Neurotechnology Innovations Translator, Indiana Health Industry Forum and the Kentucky Life Sciences Council, will highlight innovations in neuroscience research and Ohio technologies that are addressing the opioid crisis. This event will also feature an Alternatives to Opioids Tech Showcase. Click here to attend or exhibit!
Cybersecurity in Medical Devices, December 5 in Columbus
This IoMT (Internet of Medical Things) event will feature medical device and diagnostics professionals discussing their challenges and opportunities with networked medical device design, governance, risk management, and more. Learn more here.
Ohio Bioscience Expo & Showcase Recap
The 2018 Ohio Bioscience Expo & Showcase was a huge success! With over 450 people registered, the Expo was the buzz of the entire bioscience community. We were fortunate to have attendees ranging from power players and CEOs, scientists, and developers, to graduate researchers, entrepreneurs, and two STEM high school groups that will be the future of the industry. With any undertaking of this magnitude, it could not have been realized without the efforts of our 45+ sponsor and exhibitor companies and their dedicated teams. Thank you for a fantastic event! We look forward to an even more amazing Expo in 2019!
Abeona Therapeutics – Biostatistician – Clinical Trials Design, Controller, Manufacturing Associate – Biologics Manufacturing, Manufacturing Process Stocking Associate, Research Associate – AAV Process Development, Scientist – Biologics Manufacturing, Product Development Scientist, Assay Development – Biologics – Protein Characterization / Immunology, and QC Associate – Biologics. Details here, click here to apply.
JALEX Medical – Medical Device Design Engineer. Details here.
Neurotechnology Innovations Translator (NIT) – R&D Team, Sr. Director of Clinical Operations, Director of Product Development, Sr. Product Development Engineer, Director of Clinical Science, and Clinical Research Associate. Details here, send resumes to email@example.com.
Precision Enviornments, Inc. – Estimator, HVAC Engineer, and Site Superintendent. Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sollis Therapeutics – Clinical Sciences Director, Clinical Research Associate, and Executive Administrative Support / Office Manager. Details here.
BioOhio members, do you have job openings at your company you would like to post in the BioOhio BioBulletin? Contact Lauren with the job title and how to apply.
Through the BIO Business Solutions program, BioOhio has aligned with Business Wire to help you effectively engage your key audiences with your company content. Business Wire provides you with easy, powerful and targeted tools to do so and at preferential pricing through its program with BioOhio. Click here to read about Business Wire and all our member savings programs.
As the Ohio affiliate of AdvaMed, BIO, MDMA and PhRMA, BioOhio participates in advocacy for issues that matter to our members, our industry and the health and prosperity of Ohio.
- National Legislative Update for September 2018
- Ohio Legislative Update for September 2018
- Summary of the Military Health System Research Symposium (MHSRS) 2018
- G2G is hosting a Post-MHSRS Conference Debrief Webinar for Biosciences on October 2. Register here.
Ohio Bioscience News
BioOhio.com/News is Ohio’s best source for bioscience-related current events. From local and national sources, stories include member and non-member organizations, STEM education, research discoveries, legislative issues, funding news, and more. The following are just a few stories from this month.
- Nationwide Children’s gene therapy spinoff Celenex acquired for $100M, story here & here
- CWRU receives NIH funding for new approach to peripheral vascular disease
- Ohio University awarded grant to add biotech equipment for startups and entrepreneurs
- Cincinnati Children’s Hospital scientists grow human esophagus in lab
- VentureOhio awards, bio has a strong showing with Genetesis, Myonexus Therapeutics
- Lakeland Community College’s expanded, high-tech health building opens
- New online platform, The Ohio Innovation Exchange, connects Ohio’s research universities with industry
- NEOMED passes $40M fundraising goal to support education
- 2018 bioscience-related private investment at $444M to date
More stories at BioOhio.com/news featuring: AdvaMed, Aniara Diagnostica, Apportis, Battelle, BioMotiv / Sujana Biotech, Cardinal Health, Community Tissue Services, Ensemble Health Partners, Green Growth Brands, Humana, ICS AmerisourceBergen, IncludeHealth, Innovative Medical Equipment, MedaSync, Mercury Biomed, Midmark, Genetesis, North Coast Natural Solutions, Olive (CrossChx), OnShift, ProMedica, RadimediX, Sotera Health, SPR Therapeutics, TwinMed, University of Toledo College of Nursing, YSI, Poet Biorefining, and more!
- Sept 29 – 1st Annual Hemp Farm Summit (Columbus)
- Sept 29 – Green Compassion Network presents an event for CTR Physicians (Canton)
- Oct 1 – Ohio Corporate Site Location & Tax Incentive Update (Cincinnati)
- Oct 2 – G2G’s Post-MHSRS Conference Debrief Webinar for Biosciences
- Oct 3 – FBI Cyber-Security Seminar (Columbus)
- Oct 4 – University of Akron’s 25th Anniversary of the Women in Engineering Program (Akron)
- Oct 5 – Squire Patton Boggs Venture Law Meetup – Donuts and Coffee Series: Intellectual Property and Patent Strategy for Start-ups (Cleveland)
- Oct 9 – University of Toledo CareerCon 2018 (Toledo)
- Oct 11 – Webinar: The Most Pressing Talent Needs of the Life Science Industry: Highlights from the 2018 CSBI National Workforce Trends Report
- Oct 11 – Patient Perspective: An Evening with Joselin Linder, Discussing The Family Gene (Columbus)
- Oct 11 – Navigating Unconscious Bias: Become a Stronger, More Authentic Leader (Cincinnati)
- Oct 14-16 – Leaders in Biobanking (Cleveland)
- Oct 18 – Women in Bioscience & Healthcare Conference (Columbus)
- Oct 20-21 – 2018 Cleveland Medical Hackathon (Cleveland)
- Oct 22 – Cleveland Clinic’s 2018 Medical Innovation Summit- Disruption: Reimagining Healthcare (Cleveland)
- BioOhio members are eligible for a 20% discount
- Oct 23 – R&Q Webinar: Understanding EU MDR and the Roadmap to Compliance
- Oct 23-24 – Xavier Health Cybersecurity Summit 2018 (Cincinnati)
- Oct 26 – 2018 Athens Area Women’s Summit (Athens)
- Oct 26 – Light the Night Walk Columbus (Columbus)
- Oct 29-30 – BARDA Industry Day 2018: Driving Innovation (Washington, DC)
- Oct 30-Nov 1 – 20th Annual U.S. Department of Health & Human Services SBIR/STTR Conference (Dallas, TX)
- Oct 31-Nov 1 – MD&M Minneapolis (Minneapolis, MN)
- Nov 6 – NAMSA Webinar: IVD Clinical Trials – Essential Components for Product Launch in 2019 & Beyond
- Nov 14 – Neuroscience Discovery & Alternatives to Opioids (Greater Cincinnati)
- Nov 14 – Ohio Bioscience Networking Social (Greater Cincinnati)
- Nov 27 – R&Q Webinar: Economic Operators
- Dec 5 – Cybersecurity in Medical Devices (Columbus)
Contact us anytime we can be of assistance. Thanks for your continued support.
John, Jen, Drew, Lauren, Scott, and Olivia