Bioscience offers terrific career pathways, engaging work environments, competitive pay, and opportunities to work with products that help people, animals, and the environment.
In recent years, Ohio’s diverse bioscience industry has made great strides in forming, attracting, and growing companies. Ohio’s educational institutions have likewise offered world-class learning opportunities for students to get the skills they need to enter the bioscience workforce. These skilled individuals will continue to be integral to the growth of Ohio’s bioscience industry.
BioOhio tracks open bioscience-related positions through a sampling of roughly one hundred companies from the medical device, pharmaceutical, research, laboratory services, manufacturing, agricultural biotechnology, and health IT sectors. While not comprehensive, it is a strong indicator of opportunity in the state. On average, this pool of companies has had 1,400 open positions across all aspects of operations in Ohio.
Use the “explore career” buttons below to read about the work done in different sectors of the bioscience economy. Profiles include testimonials from workers in the field, example salaries, tasks, and much more.
The following are suggested resources on BioOhio.com you can use to learn about many organizations in Ohio that are working right now to build the right team.
- Check out the Member Job Board for current openings at BioOhio member companies
- Visit our online Ohio Bioscience Resource Directory to discover companies around Ohio
- Make sure to attend one or more of the Ohio Bioscience Career Fairs around the state
- Attend BioOhio and partner events for networking opportunities
- Advice on how to make the most of career fairs and networking events on this page