Join BioOhio member BioEnterprise, in partnership with Cuyahoga County, JumpStart and HIMSS, for the 2019 Medical Capital Innovation Competition April 17-18. The Medical Capital Innovation Competition is an annual two-day event that draws professional and collegiate teams from across the globe to pitch ideas with the potential to transform the future of healthcare. Bringing their best ideas for healthcare application of AR, VR and XR technologies, MCIC teams receive access to meaningful mentoring, co-development opportunities and cash prizes totaling $100,000.
2019 Theme: AR/VR/XR: The New Reality of Healthcare
AR/VR/XR is fundamentally changing healthcare. Show us how you are making that happen. The Medical Capital Innovation Competition (MCIC) invites the best and brightest AR/VR/XR healthcare innovators to show Cleveland and the world how you will change the future of healthcare.
WHO SHOULD APPLY: MCIC is open to teams across the globe in the following divisions:
- Professional Division: Open to startups presenting AR/VR/XR technologies that have a commercial pathway, meet a market need and will impact healthcare, regardless of stage of commercialization.
- Collegiate Division: Open to teams of currently-enrolled students with projects that originated in their academic situation/experience. Collegiate Division teams may have no more than one member that is not, at the time of the competition, enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program. Presenting member(s), must be, at the time of the competition, enrolled in an accredited graduate or undergraduate program.
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applications are accepted from January 14, 2019, through March 15, 2019. Submissions are accepted into the competition on a rolling basis.
SELECTION PROCESS: Applications will be reviewed by a selection committee and, if chosen, invited to compete. The selection committee will consider the following criteria when evaluating applications:
- Whether the solution proposed is viable from a technical and market perspective
- Whether the assembled team has the requisite skills and experience to contribute to the success of the project
- The degree to which the solution has an impact on improved healthcare.
FOR MORE INFORMATION: For more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Christine Grapo at 216.658.3961.
Click here to learn more and register.