- This event has passed.
Events listed on BioOhio's Events Calendar are subject to change by the Event Organizer. Visit the organizer's website for current details.
A Guide to Successful De-SPAC Transactions, presented by Aon and BIO Business Solutions
April 7 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
2020 was the year of the Special Purpose Acquisition Company (SPAC), with more than 200 entities going public via SPAC last year alone. While the SPAC IPO boom continues, 2021 is also expected to be the year of the “de-SPAC”, with many sponsors looking to execute merger transactions.
Join BIO’s Strategic Partner, Aon, and their esteemed panelists representing investment banking, legal, and accounting firms, as well as highly successful SPAC sponsors, as they dive into the SPAC target approach, share insights with real-world case studies, and de-mystify the de-SPACing process.
The agenda will touch on pragmatic considerations and delve into:
- Target search
- Strategic investors-PIPE transaction
- Conducting due diligence
- Insurance considerations, both pre- and post-merger
- De-SPAC litigation landscape
- Recent SEC comments
- Kristin Kraeger, Esq., Managing Director, National D&O and Fiduciary Product/Practice Leader, Head of Strategy and Sales, Financial Services Group, Aon
- Michael Stevenson, CPA, Partner, Accounting & Reporting Advisory Services National Practice Leader, BDO
- David Boris, Co-CEO, Forum Merger III Corp.
- Matthew A. Gray, Partner, Ellenoff Grossman & Schole LLP
- Tina Pappas, Managing Director, Jefferies LLC