Application Deadline – Ohio Supercomputer Center Summer Institute
Join BioOhio partner Ohio Supercomputer Center’s Summer Institute for high school students during the month of June, 2019. The deadline to apply is April 5,
What is the Ohio Supercomputer Center Summer Institute?
SI is a two-week residential program that gives gifted high school students entering their sophomore, junior or senior year project-based, hands-on learning. Working in small peer teams, the students use supercomputers for practical applications such as solving complex science and engineering problems, conducting network forensics to catch hackers, studying the spread of the bird flu and designing computer games.
Who is eligible to apply?
High school students entering their sophomore, junior or senior year.
Who might want to apply?
High achieving students who like science, engineering, mathematics or computers.
Why students might want to attend:
- Exposure to world of supercomputers and their real-world applications
- Gain a competitive edge in future educational and professional pursuits
- Work directly with experts in science, engineering and computer science
- Learn how to work with others while developing project management and interpersonal skills
- Develop friendships with other students who have similar interests
- By living in dorms, experience a taste of college life
Application: Applications will be accepted online beginning January 1, 2019. The deadline for SI 2019 applications is April 5, 2019. OSC will begin notifying accepted students approximately early May, 2019.