- This event has passed.
Creating a Culture of Diversity, Inclusion, Passion, Dignity, and Equity, a Diversity in Bioscience & Healthcare Event presented by BioOhio
March 18 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
BioOhio proudly supports diversity and inclusion within the bioscience and healthcare industries. We invite you to join us for this thought-provoking discussion led by the Diversity & Inclusion Team at AtriCure, where they share their story of creating a corporate culture built on Diversity, Passion, Dignity, Inclusion, and Equity.
AtriCure humbly prides itself on having built a strong foundational culture with driven employees who see and work towards the vision set forth by a transparent, caring, engaged, and energetic CEO and Executive Leadership Team. That culture set the stage for building a welcoming workforce ready to embed Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in every aspect of the business.
- The event begins at 4 pm – Welcome from Jen Goldsberry, Director of Membership, BioOhio
- Moderated by Brooke Cartus, Director of Growth & Belonging, ImprovEdge!
- Special Guests: The AtriCure Diversity & Inclusion Team
Topics to be discussed:
- Creating a culture that set the stage for building a welcoming workforce ready to embed DEI in every aspect of the business
- The early DEI movement and success
- How AtriCure was ready to be “intentional” in its DEI journey
- The creation of the DEI Framework
- The Creation of Women in STEM at AtriCure; Successes found in the Co-Op partnership with The University of Cincinnati
- How to leverage AtriCure’s progress and our strategy moving forward
Networking and small group discussions will follow the presentation utilizing Zoom breakout rooms.
Adjournment at 6 pm
“AtriCure attracts driven and passionate employees because the culture is driven and passionate.” Kelli Scott, Director of Diversity & Engagement, AtriCure
The 2021 Diversity in Bioscience & Healthcare event series is brought to you through the generous support of Avantor delivered by VWR, a BioOhio member savings partner.
As a leading provider of innovative technologies for the treatment of Atrial Fibrillation (Afib) and related conditions, electrophysiologists and cardiothoracic surgeons around the globe count on AtriCure to deliver best-in-class solutions that can treat even the most complex cases. Our Isolator® Synergy™ Ablation System is the first and only medical device approved by the FDA for the treatment of long-standing persistent Afib, our AtriClip Left Atrial Appendage (LAA) Exclusion System products are the most widely used LAA management devices worldwide, and we are expanding into pain management therapies. We invest in innovation, clinical science, and education to focus on improving lives for our patients worldwide.