- This event has passed.
Diversity in Bioscience & Healthcare: Tackling Socio-Economic Barriers to Science
August 20, 2020 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Join BioOhio and the Columbus chapter of the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA)for a FREE online event – our second Diversity in Bioscience & Healthcare event of 2020, on August 20 at 5 pm. The engaging discussion focuses on the importance of supporting STEM programming at an early age within under-represented communities to encourage careers within the science and healthcare industries. Our special guests include:
- Frederic Bertley, Ph.D., President & CEO, COSI
- Kirsten M. Ellenbogen, Ph.D., President & CEO, Great Lakes Science Center (Invited)
- Kelly Lewis, Bioscience Technologies Program Instructor, Eastland-Fairfield Career and Technical Schools
- Lead by the talented Brooke Cartus, Director of Business Development and Senior Facilitator, ImprovEdge!
- Featuring networking opportunities during the event!
This discussion will be held via Zoom. Login instructions are included in your registration confirmation email and reminder emails sent before the event.
BioOhio and the Healthcare Business Women’s Association (HBA) support all efforts to increase diversity and inclusion within the bioscience and healthcare industries and invite you to join us for our next discussion, Overcoming Obstacles in the Workplace: Making Work Accessible on November 14th, 2020.
This event is brought to you by BioOhio in partnership with the Columbus chapter of the Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association (HBA) and is made possible by the generous support of BioOhio members AtriCure and BIO.