- This event has passed.
Events listed on BioOhio's Events Calendar are subject to change by the Event Organizer. Visit the organizer's website for current details.
Fuse by Cardinal Health presents: Design for living, not aging
November 8, 2017 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Join Fuse by Cardinal Health on Wednesday, November 8 from 5:30-8:00 pm for Design for Living, Not Aging.
There are almost 50 million Americans aged 65 or older representing over 15% of the total US population. That number is expected to increase rapidly over the next few decades.
This changing demographic will present significant challenges for the healthcare ecosystem and public health policy.
During this event, we will create a dialog around:
- Using innovation to address complex healthcare problems
- Developing health and wellness plans that are effective and economically feasible
- Strategies to help people live their best lives
- Silvia Vergani, Design Director, IDEO Palo Alto
- View Silvia’s Bio
- Lisa Cini, Founder, President and CEO, Mosaic Design Studio
- Bruce McGregor, Partner, IDEO Palo Alto
- Andrew Smith, Director of Strategy and Innovation, Brookdale Senior Living
- Charles F. von Gunten, MD, Ph.D., FACP, FAAHPM, Vice President, Medical Affairs, Hospice & Palliative Medicine, Ohio Health
Keynote Address Details
Play, Sensuality and Fear: Designing Human-Centered Solutions for the Aging Market
How might we develop more empathy for older adults and their caretakers? How can we leverage key research insights that are most actionable for design? Silvia Vergani, Design Director at IDEO, will share approaches, research learnings and design principles to inspire human-centered solutions for the aging market.