Events listed on BioOhio's Events Calendar are subject to change by the Event Organizer. Visit the organizer's website for current details.
Key Lessons from Enforcement Actions in the Life Sciences Industry in 2020 and the Outlook for 2021, Kenx Life Sciences Webinar
December 1 @ 11:00 am - 12:15 pm
Join BioOhio member firm Dinsmore & Shohl LLP for this informative webinar.
The life sciences industry knows government enforcement actions offer critical insights into emerging legal and compliance risks that may impact their business. In 2020, there were several key enforcement actions essential to know to ensure your business operations continue to address operational risks. In this session, we will discuss key areas of government enforcement from key 2020 investigations and settlements, including areas of government scrutiny and legal theories underlying these actions. We will glean insights from government complaints and settlement agreements, as well as OPDP enforcement letters. We will also discuss emerging trends in corporate integrity agreements arising from these matters and the outlook in industry enforcement for 2021.
Key Takeaways From this Session
* Know the 2020 key enforcement actions in the life sciences industry
* Analyze these recent enforcement actions to understand emerging areas of enforcement risk
* Discuss the laws and causes of action relevant to key enforcement areas, including False Claims Act, Anti-Kickback Statute, and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
* Understand the legal theories the government uses in these actions and how they relate to the areas of enforcement
* Learn new trends in corporate integrity agreements with the HHS OIG
* Consider ways to incorporate better industry practices into your risk mitigation strategy to address emerging risk areas
* Identify ways to strengthen your company’s corporate compliance program