Ohio Bioscience Events
Upcoming BioOhio Events
BioOhio hosts numerous events throughout the year on a variety of topics, made possible because of knowledgeable speakers, generous sponsors, and, of course, attendees. Thank you.
Diversity • Patients • Careers & Leadership • Regulatory Affairs • Advocacy• Business Growth
Diversity in Bioscience & Healthcare
Held at 5 pm on Zoom, hosted by BioOhio. FREE to attend.
BioOhio proudly supports diversity and inclusion within the bioscience and healthcare industries. We invite you to join us for thought-provoking discussions led by dynamic speakers on personal & professional journeys, negotiating strategies, mentorship, and STEM initiatives.
- August 20th – Diversity in Bioscience & Healthcare: Tackling Socioeconomic Barriers to Science.
- November 19th – Overcoming Obstacles in the Workplace: Making Work Accessible. RSVP opening soon.
Ohio Bioscience C-Suite Conversations
Held at 4:30 pm on Zoom, hosted by BioOhio. FREE to attend.
Get inspired by some of Ohio’s most successful leaders in the bioscience industry. Topics will include everything from tales of personal growth, professional development, leadership qualities, lessons learned the hard way, and other tales of inspiration to assist you in your personal or professional growth no matter if you are just starting out in your career or are a seasoned leader yourself. Each C-Suite Conversation will be followed by virtual networking.
• August 26 – Sustaining Success in Periods of Disruption: Mike Wiedemer, Senior Vice President, First American Equipment Finance, shares insight on sustainability during tumultuous times followed by fun virtual networking!
• Future C-Suite Conversations are planned for October 28th and December 30th.
The BioOhio Patient Summit – A Journey of Innovation & Healing
October 20th – BioOhio’s signature event is transitioning to an online format. An energizing event of hope and patient perspectives celebrating Ohio’s bioscience community and its impact on patients here at home and around the world. See details on this page.
The BioOhio Friday Forum
Held on select Fridays with additional town halls based on speaker calendars. FREE to attend.
BioOhio’s Friday Forums are constructive, neutral ground for discussion with federal and state legislators, policymakers, and advocates from all political parties and points of view. Past forums have featured leaders such as Sen. Brown, Sen. Portman, Lt. Governor Husted, Ohio Representatives Butler, Gonzalez, Joyce, Lipps, Stivers, Wenstrup, Ohio Senators Burke, Dolan, and Obhof, and Don Graves, formerly with the Obama/Biden Administration.
• An additional Friday Forum is planned for October 2nd.
• December 4th – BioOhio Public Policy Annual Review and the Year Ahead. Join BioOhio and our government relations partners, G2G Consulting and The Credo Company, for an end-of-year discussion on the year’s accomplishments, unfinished business, and goals for 2021.
Breakfast with BioOhio – Small Business Office Hours
Held at 9:00 am on Zoom, hosted by BioOhio. FREE to attend.
Special morning sessions will be held with a focus on how BioOhio, as a member-guided service organization, can benefit your business through cost savings programs, networking, advocacy, events, talent services, and information.
• September 30th – Grab your morning meal and join us for Small Business Office Hours, an interactive event focused on making it easy for business owners & entrepreneurs to get the answers and guidance they need. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet with our invited industry service providers who will offer advice and answer general questions of attendees in a 1 to 1 scheduled appointment. This is a great opportunity to network, learn, and grow your bioscience business in Ohio. Registration opening soon!
• October – How to get the most out of your BioOhio Membership, registration opening soon!
FDA MedTech & Pharma Regulatory Series
Held at 1 pm on Zoom, hosted by BioOhio. $25 per session.
The BioOhio FDA MedTech Regulatory Forum is pivoting in 2020, in response to the impact of COVID-19 on in-person events, to an online series.
Get the most up-to-date information on FDA regulations and policies in these 1–hour webinars hosted by industry experts. Certificates of completion will be given to all who participate in these webinars to be submitted for any Professional Certification Programs you are applying for to be used as One Hour of Continued Education Credit.
• Future FDA MedTech & Pharma Regulatory events are planned for September 14th and December 7th.
Registration and details will be available soon.
Telehealth Tech Trends
Held at Noon on Zoom, hosted by BioOhio. $25 per session.
BioOhio’s newest event series focuses on the game-changing telehealth field and its impact on medical devices, diagnostics, drug-delivery, and more. Innovators and thought leaders will share real-world experiences, insights, tips, tricks & best practices on how telehealth technology will continue to evolve.
BioOhio is thankful to all of the attendees, speakers, sponsors, and supporters that make our events so special. In the Past Events area of our site you will find agendas, speaker biographies and other materials related to concluded events. We believe that content from past events will help illustrate the value of attending and sponsoring upcoming events.
If you missed any of BioOhio’s recent events, visit our blog to get caught up on the fantastic content and networking around Ohio with our Event Rewind posts. If you have specific questions about events, feel free to contact any member of the BioOhio membership team.
BioOhio events offer excellent opportunities to show your support of Ohio’s bioscience community while building your brand in one of the Midwest’s top bioscience states. Contact us for more information on becoming an event sponsor.