BioOhio is excited to present an event focused on Big Data and its impact on health care. Topics will include data-driven drug discovery, predictive analytics, and success through collaborations, with plenty of opportunities for networking.
8:30AM – 9:30: Registration, Networking, and Breakfast
9:30 – 9:45: Welcome & Opening Remarks
- John F. Lewis, Jr. – President & CEO, BioOhio
9:45 – 10:45: Health Care Predictive Analytics Perspective 1 – A Hospital’s Perspective on Patient Data and More…
- Simon Lin, MD, MBA – Chief Research Information Officer, Nationwide Children’s Hospital; Professor of Pediatrics and Biomedical Informatics, The Ohio State University
10:45 – 11:00: Networking Break
11:00 – 12:00: Health Care Predictive Analytics Perspective 2 – A Corporate Perspective on Improving the Cost Effectiveness of Healthcare
- Dave Billiter – Director, New Product Development/Data Solutions, Cardinal Health, Specialty Solutions
12:00 – 1:00: Lunch & Networking
1:00 – 1:30: A Patient Story: The Family Gene: A Mission to Turn My Deadly Inheritance into a Hopeful Future
- Joselin Linder – Patient, Author, The Family Gene
1:30 – 2:30: Health Care Predictive Analytics Perspective 3 – IBM Watson Health’s Two Year Old Amazing Journey
Dr. Jain will review the 2-year old journey of IBM Watson Health through acquisitions, partnerships and clients, discuss how the ongoing healthcare transformation to value creates opportunities and challenges for innovation, and describe the how big data and Watson cognitive computing can be applied to drive value among providers, payers and pharma.
- Anil Jain – SVP & Chief Medical Officer, IBM Watson Health
2:30 – 2:45: Networking Break
2:45 – 4:00: Panel Discussion – Success through Collaborations
Panelists will discuss how to spark Big Data Analytics Innovation by creating beneficial data-focused partnerships which leverage creativity, experience and resources.
- Suguna Rachakonda – Senior Director, Product Development, Cleveland Clinic
- Brian Sampsel – Senior Data Scientist, Columbus Collaboratory
4:00 – 5:30: Closing Remarks, Reception and Networking
Date, Time, & Location
Wednesday, September 13, 8:30AM – 5:30PM
6600 Kilgour Place
Dublin, OH 43017
Cost & Registration
Includes breakfast, lunch and networking reception
BioOhio Member (10 employees or less): $100
BioOhio Member (11+ employees): $150
BioOhio Student Members: $75
Sponsorship Opportunities are available!
Sponsoring BioOhio events is an extremely effective way to gain visibility and marketing exposure. Our sponsors enable us to deliver these exceptional educational and networking forums at an affordable registration, and we do remind attendees of that fact every chance we get.
If you wish to combine your annual BioOhio membership and event sponsorship, we will reduce your annual dues by $200. First-time event sponsors will receive a 10% discount.
Event Sponsor $1,500
- Exhibit space at event
- On-site logo presence
- Premium logo placement on all print and electronic conference material & signage
- Text acknowledgement of support on social media and the BioOhio LinkedIn Group
- Organization name, logo, and description listed in event materials
- One complimentary event registration
- Attendee list with contact information, pre- and post-event
- Company representative name badges tagged as “Sponsor” at event
Supporting Sponsor Donation Based
- Show your support for BioOhio even if you are unable to attend the conference, or choose not to sponsor at another level. Contributions of any amount are welcome. Supporting sponsors will have their logo on various conference materials.