Join us November 14 in the Greater Cincinnati area
Opioid abuse is among the deadliest population health crises in America, with more than 14 opioid-related overdose deaths each day in Ohio. Thanks to the determination of dedicated individuals, real change is happening, lives are transforming, and diverse community partners and caring professionals are making a difference.
This conference will highlight Ohio technologies that are addressing this crisis. In addition to amazing speakers and stakeholders addressing the current state of Ohio’s epidemic, this event will host companies with a product or service addressing this crisis. Join us and be part of the solution.
This regional event is held in partnership with BioOhio’s fellow statewide bioscience organizations, Indiana Health Industry Forum and the Kentucky Life Sciences Council. IHIF and KLSC members can register using the BioOhio member rate.
Alternatives to Opioids Tech Showcase
Looking for a way to showcase your company product or service? Apply to exhibit now and join innovators from around Ohio presenting their latest technologies. Space is limited – don’t miss out on your opportunity to gain visibility for your company and to meet others in the industry!
Exhibitor rate: $300. Price includes 1 registration, table space, and name/logo visibility throughout the event.
8:15 am – Registration, Breakfast, Networking & Tech Showcase
9:00 – Welcome & Opening Remarks from John F. Lewis Jr., President & CEO, BioOhio
9:10 – Keynote: The Landscape and Future of Neuroscience Discovery
- Moderated by Jill Schiaparelli, Chief Operating Officer, Neurotechnology Innovations Translator | CEO, Veressa Medical
- Joseph Broderick, MD, Professor of Neurology, Director, University of Cincinnati Gardner Neuroscience Institute
- Ali Rezai, MD, Director, Rockefeller Neuroscience Institute | Associate Dean; John D. Rockefeller IV tenured professor in neuroscience, West Virginia University
10:10 – Incubator and Investor Panel for Neuroscience Discovery
- Moderated by John F. Lewis Jr., President & CEO, BioOhio
- Jill Schiaparelli, Chief Operating Officer, Neurotechnology Innovations Translator | CEO, Veressa Medical
- Charles Steiner, Director, Business & Product Development | Innovations, Cleveland Clinic
- Ohio Third Frontier (invited) to discuss funding options, like the “Ohio Opioid Abuse, Prevention and Treatment Technology Initiative” designed to accelerate the development and commercialization of promising new products (or adaptations or modifications) in the categories of medical devices, diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, and health technology
11:00 – Networking Break & Tech Showcase
12:30 pm – Networking Lunch & Tech Showcase
1:15 – Keynote Conversation: Investing in Community Addiction Recovery
- Moderated by Phyllis Grauer, PharmD, BCGP, CPE, CDCA, Owner, Specialty Practice Clinical Consultant, ChaRxis Consulting
- Ben Ertel, Business Development, Hotel California by the Sea | Board Member, The Ohio Citizen Advocates for Addiction Recovery
- Benjamin Glassman, United States Attorney, Southern District of Ohio
- Randy Jernejcic, MD, MMM, Vice President of Clinical Integration, University Hospitals | First Physician Chair, Northeast Ohio Hospital Opioid Consortium
- Sarah Nerad, MPA, Associate Director of Community Relations, Alkermes
2:15 – Networking Break & Tech Showcase
2:30 – Pain Management: Alternatives to Opioids
- Moderated by Solomon Wilcots, Former Cincinnati Bengal | Radio Talk Show Host at Sirius XM Inc.| NFL Analyst at Sky Sports UK | Leader of Sports/Health public relations initiatives at Russo Partners Sports – Health Alliance
- Gregory Fiore, MD, President and Chief Executive Officer, Sollis Therapeutics
- Chandu Kasibhatla, PhD, MBA, Associate Director, Medical Affairs, US WorldMeds
- Adam Link, Director, Pain Management Therapy Development, AtriCure
- Brad Pulver, President, Innovative Medical Equipment
- Jon Snyder, Founder, Chief Business Officer, Neuros Medical
4:00 – Networking Reception & Tech Showcase
In partnership with
Neurotechnology Innovations Translator
One Aquarium Way
Newport, KY 41071