BioOhio will once again hold its popular legislative networking event for BioOhio members only in the beautiful Ohio Statehouse in the spring of 2016. BioOhio takes this opportunity to recognize lawmakers that have shown particularly strong support of our industry, through introduction of bills, support of policies, and creation of initiatives that benefit growth of bioscience in Ohio.
Lunch, featuring brief remarks from special guest speakers, will be held in the Statehouse Atrium from 11:30am-1pm. If you are interested in scheduling meetings with your district’s legislators before and/or after lunch, please email email@example.com and we will help coordinate meetings.
Each year BioOhio invites Ohio lawmakers to join us and our members at the Statehouse for an opportunity to discuss the impact and importance of Ohio’s bioscience companies, research institutions, and educators. BioOhio is grateful to our national partners PhRMA, BIO, and AdvaMed, global pharmaceutical leader Pfizer, and member company G2G Consulting, for their support of this event.
April 19, 2016 at the Ohio Statehouse
11:30am – 1:00pm
Our industry has many faces – medical devices, research & development, lab equipment, pharmaceuticals, regenerative medicine, agricultural compounds, alternative fuels, lab testing services, wellness products, health & life science IT, and more. All of these sectors have a common goal, to improve the quality of life for our community, which is why our event has always brought support from lawmakers and government officials from across the political spectrum.
Morning: Pre-arranged Legislative Meetings
11:30am: Networking and Lunch
12:00: Welcome Remarks from BioOhio Board of Trustees Member Bill Dunlevy, Vice President, Sales & Marketing, EG Industries
12:05: BioOhio Update and 2016 Legislative Priorities, John F. Lewis Jr., President & CEO, BioOhio
#TimeIsPrecious: The value of medical advances means additional time spent with loved ones, Learn more about the many values of bioscience innovation
12:15: Joe D’Silva, Founder & CEO, Patients’ and Consumers’ Pharma
12:25: Patient Remarks
12:30: Remarks from Senator Larry Obhof, Ohio Senate District 22
12:35 – 1:00: Networking Reception
Afternoon: Pre-arranged Legislative Meetings
Meetings with Legislators
Attendees have the opportunity to schedule meetings with your district’s legislators and/or members of the Ohio Bioscience Legislative Caucus throughout the day.
Members of the Ohio Bioscience Legislative Caucus include: Representatives John Boccieri, Terry Boose, Andrew Brenner, Steven Huffman, Sean O’Brien, Bill Patmon, John Patterson, Mark Romanchuk, Michael Sheehy, Marilyn Slaby, Kent Smith, Robert Sprague, and Senators Cliff Hite, Frank LaRose, and Joe Uecker.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help coordinate meetings.
Why every BioOhio member should attend
- Strong attendance from Ohio’s bioscience community will demonstrate economic strength and make the push for additional public support far more palatable
- Statehouse Day is a great exposure opportunity through interaction with key policy-makers and stakeholders from your area and across Ohio, including House and Senate Leadership and staff from the Office of Governor Kasich
- The opportunity to communicate your business needs, challenges, and goals via face-to-face meetings with state legislators prior to their development of biennial budget priorities in 2017
- Relationship development with public officials from your area thanks to their recognition of your affiliation with BioOhio – generating contacts that can be called upon throughout this electoral cycle
- Knowledge-building about the state’s budgetary process and how you can influence funding priorities and maximize your business’ access to capital
- Opportunity to network with fellow BioOhio members, including a variety of executives from across Ohio’s bioscience industry
- Lunch in the beautiful Ohio Statehouse
Visit the Advocacy section of our website to learn more about issues in the industry. We’ve also posted a number of helpful links there to identify your local representatives.
Read personal perspectives from members that attended last year’s Statehouse Day here, as well as a summary of speakers and legislative awards here. To view past agendas, please visit the past events section.