Women in Bioscience Conference - November 9, 2016 in Columbus
BioOhio is excited to host our second Women in Bioscience Conference, featuring speakers covering topics such as executive presence and board representation, social media, starting a business, transforming technical talks, and negotiation. And as always, networking opportunities will be plentiful!
Our goal is to highlight numerous bioscience career options, for scientific and non-scientific jobs, along with practical concepts to advance women in the bioscience industry.
Registration, Breakfast & Networking
Welcome by John F. Lewis Jr., President & CEO, BioOhio
Setting the Stage for the Day & Networking Icebreaker
Finding your Executive Presence & Becoming a Board Member
A panel focused on the journey of top female executives and how they learned from mentors, accomplished their goals, and became board members.
Morning Breakout Sessions
Session 1: Women in Government Relations
A breakout session focused on the advocacy side of bioscience and how women have impacted Ohio’s government relations landscape.
- Moderated by John Barnard, President, The Research Institute at Nationwide Children’s Hospital
- Jenny Camper, President, Lesic & Camper Communications
- Liz Powell, Founder & President, G2G
- Deborah Pryce, Principal, Ice Miller Whiteboard
Session 2: Social Media Strategies to Advance Your Career
This breakout session will discuss practical tips to establish and grow your online presence and utilize social media to advance your career.
- Moderated by Nicole Plant, Marketing Manager, taylor strategy partners
- Margee Moore, Senior Marketing Manager, Kaleidoscope
- Stephanie Pavol, Manager, Social Media & Public Relations, Cardinal Health
- Scott Rainone, Director, Communications and Government Affairs, Austen BioInnovation Institute, Managing Partner, Fahrenheit Strategic Advisors
Lunch & Networking
Starting a Business: What’s Next After the Idea?
Learn from women who have been involved in the startup community, navigated economic development issues, and launched successful business ventures.
Afternoon Breakout Sessions
Session 1: Transforming Technical Talks and Showing Value
This break-out session will focus on how to turn technical scientific information into concepts that can be easily understood by investors and colleagues.
- Moderated by Stephanie Harrington, MS, CEO, Matrix Medical Devices
- Donna Richardson, President & CEO, The Walden Medical Company
- Jan Rosenbaum, Chief Scientific Officer, Airway Therapeutics
- Ruth Stevens, Chief Scientific Officer, Camargo Pharmaceutical Services
Session 2: Negotiation & Persuasion: Responsibilities, Opportunities, Salary
This break-out session will teach negotiating tips through interactive role-playing with the audience.
Event Wrap Up
3:30 – 5