2019 Patient Engagement Dinner
The Patient Engagement Dinner brings together patient advocacy organizations, academia, regulators, the biotechnology industry, and other stakeholders for an evening of robust programming featuring discussions on how patient-centered healthcare is being addressed in Ohio. This event also provides an invaluable opportunity for networking to advance partnerships and careers in the healthcare ecosystem.
Join us for an evening of hope and patient perspectives capped off by an elegant dinner celebrating Ohio’s bioscience community as we focus on the most important part of bioscience – its impact on patients here at home and around the world.
Since 1988, BioOhio has held an Annual Meeting to spotlight trends in Ohio’s growing bioscience industry. As BioOhio enters its 32nd year, we extend a special thank you to all of our attendees, speakers, sponsors and supporters for making past meetings so enjoyable.
4 pm – Patient Engagement Panel
The Patient Engagement Panel features insights on how discoveries in pharmaceuticals, new patient treatment protocols, and cutting edge advancement in medical devices are making a lasting impact in patients’ lives.
5:15 – Patient Perspective Reception
As direct recipients of care and innovations in bioscience, patients have a vital perspective on our industry. These patients or patient advocates will serve as ambassadors guiding attendees through their personal journeys in recovery, and why it is essential to have an actively engaged care team as part of the healing process.
- Kelly Arledge, Voters for Cures
- Dr. Aaron Boster, Multiple Sclerosis Researcher
- Ian Burkhart, Ian Burkhart Foundation
- L. Scott Clay, Diabetic Wound Care Patient
- Craig Cote, Ohio Health Modernization Movement
- Dr. David Friedenberg, Neurostimulation Researcher
- Tori Geib, Breast Cancer Survivor
- Judy Huang, Glaucoma Patient
- Kristin Kerwin, LAM Foundation
- Kelly Maynard, Little Hercules Foundation
- Christopher Moore, Gastric Bypass Patient
- Cathy Patten, Patient Access Advocate
- Annie J. Ross – Womack, Ohio Sickle Cell and Health Association
- Justin Rezkella, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Patient
- Rosemarie Rossetti, Spinal Cord Injury Patient
- Angela Snyder, Rx Abuse Leadership Initiative
- Felice Thomas, Ohio Sickle Cell and Health Association
6:15 – Dinner and Welcome Remarks from BioOhio & PhRMA
7:00 – Keynote Address
A Little Missionary Kid’s Trip from Thailand to The Ohio Supreme Court to Advocate
- Justice Evelyn Lundberg Stratton, Retired Ohio Supreme Court | Project Director, Stepping Up Ohio
7:45 – Closing Remarks and Sweet Outcomes Dessert Reception
Patient Ambassadors will once again mingle with guests to share their stories of what an impact patient engagement and personalized care has made in their lives and their journey to recovery.