BioOhio holds its popular, members-only, legislative networking event each spring in the beautiful Ohio Statehouse. BioOhio invites Ohio lawmakers to join us and our members at the Statehouse for an opportunity to discuss the impact and importance of Ohio’s bioscience companies, research institutions, and educators.
BioOhio takes this opportunity to recognize lawmakers that have shown particularly strong support of our industry, through introduction of bills, support of policies, and creation of initiatives that benefit growth of bioscience in Ohio.
The event includes lunch, featuring brief remarks from special guest speakers, in the Statehouse Atrium. BioOhio coordinates individual meetings for members and their local legislators before and/or after lunch.
In preparation for the event, BioOhio and G2G will be holding a webinar in April entitled “Why Advocacy Matters, Pre-Statehouse Day Briefing and Q&A.” Registration for this online session will be open soon.
BioOhio is grateful to our national partners AdvaMed, BIO, MDMA, and PhRMA for their support of Ohio’s bio industry. We are also grateful to member company G2G Consulting for their support of this event and BioOhio’s ongoing government relations work.
In preparation for the event, BioOhio and G2G will be holding a webinar in April entitled Why Advocacy Matters, Pre-Statehouse Day Briefing and Q&A. Register here for this informative online session.
Our industry has many faces – medical devices, research & development, lab equipment, pharmaceuticals, regenerative medicine, agricultural compounds, alternative fuels, lab testing services, wellness products, health & life science IT, and more. All of these sectors have a common goal, to improve the quality of life for our community, which is why our event has always brought support from lawmakers and government officials from across the political spectrum.
Meetings with Legislators
Attendees have the opportunity to schedule meetings with your district’s legislators throughout the day.
Why every BioOhio member should attend
- Strong attendance from Ohio’s bioscience community will demonstrate economic strength and make the push for additional public support far more palatable
- Statehouse Day is a great exposure opportunity through interaction with key policy-makers and stakeholders from your area and across Ohio, including House and Senate Leadership and staff from the Office of Governor Kasich
- The opportunity to communicate your business needs, challenges, and goals via face-to-face meetings with state legislators prior to their development of biennial budget priorities in 2017
- Relationship development with public officials from your area thanks to their recognition of your affiliation with BioOhio – generating contacts that can be called upon throughout this electoral cycle
- Knowledge-building about the state’s budgetary process and how you can influence funding priorities and maximize your business’ access to capital
- Opportunity to network with fellow BioOhio members, including a variety of executives from across Ohio’s bioscience industry
- Lunch in the beautiful Ohio Statehouse
Visit the Advocacy section of our website to learn more about issues in the industry. We’ve also posted a number of helpful links there to identify your local representatives.
Read personal perspectives from members that attended last year’s Statehouse Day here, as well as a summary of speakers and legislative awards here. To view past agendas, please visit the past events section.