Reporting to the Director of Account Management & Business Development, this role is responsible for leading new business development efforts and expanding existing business with our clients within the med-tech industry while leveraging the broader Kaleidoscope team. This person will present the company’s services and grow the overall book of business.
Kaleidoscope is open to discussions regarding the location of this role.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively seek out, engage and develop new business opportunities within the med-tech industry by employing various sales tactics
- Foster strategic relationships with current med-tech clients in order to proactively lead account development efforts within the med-tech portfolio
- Educate current and prospective clients by presenting and promoting the extensive service offerings of Kaleidoscope
- In partnership with sales leadership, develop account plans and define sales growth strategies for key accounts
- Meets or exceeds defined sales objectives/goals
- Assist with Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Statements of Work (SOW) that highlights Kaleidoscope's unique capabilities
- Maintain contacts and report sales activities in CRM database
- Represents the client in internal Kaleidoscope meetings with a clear understanding of client’s unique needs, challenges, etc.
- Effectively interface with the operational design teams on client requirements including product designers, interaction designers, engineers, developers, visualization designers, researchers and project managers.
- Knowledge and skills at a level normally acquired through a completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related fields, required
- 7-10 years of prior sales experience in the med-tech industry, required
- Prior experience selling services, required
- Product development experience, a strong plus
- Proven success identifying prospective clients, establishing contacts and closing business deals
- Proven success developing business from existing accounts
- Frequent travel: 50% of the time to conduct meetings with current and prospective clients
More About Kaleidoscope Innovation
As a leading innovation and design consultancy, Kaleidoscope Innovation differentiates our work and the business partners we serve through the talents of the individuals who make up our team and share our vision for transformative, human-focused solutions. Founded in 1989 Kaleidoscope Innovation focuses on lasting partnerships with both employees and clients as we work together to uncover meaningful insights; originate new ideas; and develop products, services and experiences that empower business. We offer strategically developed deep subject matter expertise across key industries, positioning us to deliver unprecedented value. Our depth of knowledge provides a catalyst that generates new insights, ideas, products and services.
Our team of talented strategists, researchers, designers and engineers combine their expertise with a shared passion to make the world a better place for our clients, their customers and consumers. Our team members help further the success of industry leaders, such as Procter & Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, Motorola, Ford, Smith & Nephew, Microsoft and Whirlpool.
Kaleidoscope Innovation is headquartered in Greater Cincinnati—the home of the Bengals, the Reds, and FC Cincinnati Soccer, arts and entertainment, including its own symphony, pops orchestra, ballet and opera, and is a culinary hub featuring a range of cultural, traditional and progressive dining. From historical architecture and modern design to eclectic neighborhoods and year-round outdoor seasonal spaces, Cincinnati offers something for everyone right in the heart of the Midwest.
Interested in joining our progressive team of forward-thinkers? We’d like to talk with you.