UES, Inc., has an opportunity available for an entry-level scientist in biomaterials or chemistry to join our team working within the Air Force Research Laboratory Materials and Manufacturing Directorate at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH. The candidate will pursue research under the guidance of senior scientists to advance ongoing synthetic biology efforts in areas including cell-free protein synthesis, cell/polymer interactions, and biomaterials. The candidate will be required to record procedures and data, write reports, present results, and participate in scientific discussions.
- B.S. in biochemistry, chemistry, chemical engineering, or closely related field of study with 0-2 years’ experience post-graduation.
- Experience with basic lab techniques such as solution preparation, pipetting, laboratory notebook recording, and experimental design are highly desired
- Knowledge of polymer chemistry or materials engineering desired
- Experience in protein engineering or cell-free protein synthesis would be beneficial but not required
- Must positively contribute to and participate in a culture of laboratory safety
- Strong ability to work on a team to drive research projects and desire to grow as a scientist
- This position is working within a government facility and requires U.S. Citizenship
UES, Inc. is an innovative science and technology company providing customers with superior research and development expertise since its inception in 1973. Our long-term success is a direct result of a strong commitment to the success of our employees. We look forward to reviewing your application.
UES, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.