North Central State College is accepting applications for a full-time 9-month Biology/Microbiology Faculty position. The position will begin Spring Semester (January 13, 2020).
Essential duties/responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintains minimum of 15 credit/18 contact hours of classroom, clinical and/or laboratory instruction per term and reflects a 40-hour workweek.
- Meets with all classes as scheduled and provides the full component of instruction.
- Provides appropriate assistance and supervision to students in all classrooms, clinicals and/or laboratories.
- Delivers instruction based on the learning objectives and course outcomes found in the official College syllabus.
- Develops and maintains appropriate course materials to be distributed to students.
- Maintains current knowledge and skills in the faculty member’s discipline and in teaching strategies.
- Holds at least four (4) office hours per week for student consultation and advisement.
- Maintains accurate academic records for all students.
- Maintains accurate attendance records for all students.
- Reports attendance information, midterm deficiencies, and final term grade to the Student Records Office in the manner and by the dates specified.
- Operates within the organizational structure and policies of the College.
- Attends departmental, divisional, and professional development meetings and other College activities as required.
- Attends graduation ceremonies and assists as requested.
- Assists the divisional Dean, Assistant Dean, Program Director and/or Program Coordinator in maintaining an inventory of appropriate educational supplies and equipment.
- Maintains proper housekeeping and safety rules in classrooms, clinicals and/or laboratories.
- Maintains security of College property.
- Serves on College committees.
- Performs community service including serving on and working with community organizations, area agencies, and /or advisory committees.
- Maintains proper housekeeping, safety, and security in classrooms, clinicals and/or laboratories.
- Assists in maintaining appropriate educational supplies and equipment classrooms, clinicals and/or laboratories.
- Maintains professional relationships with students, peers, and staff to promote competence, education, and training related to program.
- Master’s degree in Biology or Biochemistry, or Master’s degree in related field and 18 graduate hours in Biology.
- Previous post-secondary teaching experience preferred.
- Background in GenBio or Microbiology preferred.
We offer a competitive wage and benefit package that includes health/dental/vision insurance, state retirement system, tuition remission, and much more.
Please express your interest in this position by submitting a letter of application and resume to: www.ncstatecollege.edu, Click on Jobs then firstname.lastname@example.org or send to:
NORTH CENTRAL STATE COLLEGE
Attention: Human Resources
2441 Kenwood Circle, Mansfield, OH 44906
Resumes will be reviewed beginning December 2019 and until filled
North Central State College is an Equal Employment Opportunity institution. We value campus diversity and demonstrate this in campus initiatives. We particularly encourage members of historically under-represented groups to apply.