The General Manager Innovations Development will help develop our most promising technologies for commercialization. Cleveland Clinic Innovations (CCI), the commercialization arm of Cleveland Clinic, grew out of the organization’s deep-rooted commitment to ‘Patients First’ and our renowned innovative culture. Focusing on domain portfolios – life science, medical device, delivery solutions and health information technology – and leveraging an enterprise passion for medical advancement, CCI drives patient-centered solutions to market. CCI uses a unique approach to assess, protect, build, test and market the most promising ideas of our 70K+ caregivers. The office has transacted and obtained a wealth of technology licenses, issued patents, and new commercial products. Cleveland Clinic Innovations recruits with diversity in mind to gather entrepreneurial individuals from varied cultures, backgrounds, and personal and professional life experiences. Team members need only a passion for healthcare innovation and desire to challenge the status quo. Interested in joining our cast of healthcare revolutionaries?
For more information, please visit: https://innovations.clevelandclinic.org/
- Oversee project management for approved innovations.
- Lead and manage the Innovations Technology Development team.
- Create and implement product development plans, quality management systems, and version controls.
- Track and report on the pipeline of Cleveland Clinic medical technologies.
- Develop and managing funding plans for new technologies. Track and reconcile the allocation of funds and milestone attainment.
- Manage technology development via milestones, stage-gate, fail fast, and pivot strategies.
- Track and report on the timely development to new technologies, the availability and usage of technology development funding, the amount and status of technologies in the pipeline, and other metrics as needed.
- Integrate with and support all teams.
- Interface with the assessment team, and regulatory and reimbursement consultants to develop the “go to market” plan.
- Develop and implement operational plans that work toward the strategic priorities of the organization. Assist with the development and responsible for meeting operational metrics.
- Uphold compliance to regulatory requirements in all areas of operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in life or physical sciences, biomedical engineering, finance, business, or other relevant field.
- An advanced degree in life sciences (MD or PhD) is preferred. This may be offset my significant experience working for a large academic medical institution.
- An advanced degree in business administration and/or legal (JD, MBA, or JD, MBA) is preferred. This may be offset by significant experience working for a large academic medical institution.
- Project Management Certification preferred
Complexity of Work:
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with academic and corporate sectors and comprehend details of new and diverse technologies.
- Must be a self-starter with strong work ethics and excellent marketing and negotiation skills.
- Must have demonstrated comfort with multi-tasking and the ability to meet deadlines.
- A minimum 7 years of relevant industry experience (medical devices, therapeutics, diagnostics, HIT) required.
- Minimum 7 years of demonstrated success leading teams and others required.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- May require periods of sitting, standing and the ability to walk to various locations throughout the health system to attend meetings.
- Must have normal or corrected vision and be able to clearly communicate verbally by phone or in person.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.