This position is responsible for cGMP manufacturing and working independently and with others on aspects of product development. Also performs GLP quality control assays. Maintenance / monitoring of cGMP facility and cGMP/GLP training as well as specific training in all processes and assays.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs cGMP manufacturing processes as Verifier and an Operator
- Writes and executes BPRs, SOPs, study protocols, and authors detailed study reports making detailed observations, analyses, data interpretations and conclusions
- Instructs co-workers on scientific techniques
- Maintains ongoing training/education by attending internal training sessions, workshops, external meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, engineering or related field.
- 2 or 4 or more years relevant experience.
- Demonstrates ability to plan / execute experiments to address technical problems or to advance a project
Note: The required time of relevant experience is a guideline only. That is, quality of work and level of responsibility taken on weigh heavily in determining the appropriate level for an Abeona employee.
Other Skills and Abilities
Less than 5% travel under normal circumstances to attend training or scientific meetings. Any travel will be reimbursed in accordance with company policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to experience prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching. Hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is required. A normal range of hearing and vision correctable to 20/20 is required. Occasional lifting up to 30 pounds is required.