This position is one of supervising all QC operations including QC Lab Technicians and enforcing strict adherence to current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) while ensuring the quality and integrity of the Company’s products and quality standards.
- Ensures QC testing is accurately performed and reported in a timely manner
- Communicates directly with quality and production teams to collaborate in efficient and expedient manufacturing process flow.
- Oversees day-to-day management of cGMP compliance and all aspects of QC laboratory operations.
- Manages all equipment use and maintenance while ensuring best practices and optimized work flow.
- Tests the quality of incoming raw materials, in-process samples, and finished products for compliance with the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Reviews and validates Standard Operating Procedures
- Assists in writing of validation protocols and reports, the execution of studies, the development of new QC laboratory methods, and performing laboratory investigations.
- Participates in cGMP training of the Company’s employees and in the training of laboratory personnel.
- Provides leadership and decision making in managing situations and issues relative to quality.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical chemistry sciences or related field from a regionally accredited four-year college or university, and 5+ years of industry experience in quality control manufacturing systems; or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- 2+ years of experience in team development/management required.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to uphold regulatory, company, and customer standards.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with demonstrated multi-tasking and project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of cGMP
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment
ABOUT SMITHFIELD FOODS
Headquartered in Smithfield, Va. since 1936, Smithfield Foods, Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly." and have made us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than two decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in need. Smithfield boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic brands, such as Smithfield, Eckrich and Nathan's Famous, among many others. For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on , , and .
- Provides leadership and guidance to the Quality Control team
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by law.