AT ATHERSYS: Our people make the difference. We owe our success to the passionate, driven and growth-oriented people who have chosen to align their careers with our mission, “Committed to developing therapies to extend and enhance the quality of human life.”
WE ARE SEEKING: A Research Assistant III to perform experiments independently with strong technical skills, good time management and strong problem-spotting skills. A Research Assistant III also has good implementation of resolutions to problems, is developing presentation skills and is beginning to demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Independently conducting and troubleshooting experiments, gathering and analyzing data and presenting data to the group leader and at lab meetings
- Contributes to the formulation of their own experiments
- Acts as a mentor and trainer to more junior Research Assistants
- In some cases, supervises and coordinates their day-to-day activities
Education / Experience
- Associate’s or B.S. degree, with at least 3 years of experience in a research laboratory, or a non-thesis M.S. degree and 0 to 1 year of research experience
Knowledge / Skills
- The ability to follow established protocols
- The ability to troubleshoot experimental procedures, and the willingness to aid others in solving experimental problems
- Willingness to be an interactive member within the scientific team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft software and applications
Athersys is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.