UES, Inc. has multiple opportunities available for Ph.D. level Synthetic Biologists to join our team working within the Air Force Research Laboratory Materials and Manufacturing Directorate at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH. These individuals will work independently to advance, implement and develop synthetic biology efforts including metabolic and microorganism engineering, genetic circuit design, and protein engineering.
An ideal candidate will have expertise in bacterial physiology, bacterial genetics, and protein biochemistry. Familiarity with high-throughput screening, laboratory automation, protein purification and analysis, structural biology, DNA cloning, and cell-free protein synthesis is highly desired. Candidates must have strong interpersonal skills and demonstrate a willingness to work in a collaborative team. The position responsibilities also include close mentoring of junior scientists during their development into independent researchers. Travel to scientific conferences and collaborator institutions is expected, when travel restrictions are lifted.
- Ph.D. in synthetic biology, microbiology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or closely related field of study is required. Relevant postdoctoral experience is preferred, but not necessary
- Experience in high-throughput screening and protein engineering
- Experience in metabolic pathway or microbial organism engineering is a plus
- Strong ability to work independently and on a team to drive research projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- An energetic individual with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and acquire new skills quickly
- This position is working within a government facility and requires U.S. Citizenship
UES, Inc. is an innovative science and technology company providing customers with superior research and development expertise since its inception in 1973. Our long-term success is a direct result of a strong commitment to the success of our employees. We look forward to reviewing your application.
UES, Inc. is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.