Senior Intellectual Property Coordinator
The Office of Technology Commercialization (OTC) at Nationwide Children’s Hospital is seeking a full time Intellectual Property Coordinator, level II to join its growing team. OTC works to ensure the translation and transfer of novel NCH technologies into the public sector that they can have their maximum impact on pediatric healthcare
Schedule: (Full time, Benefits Eligible)
Location: Wexner Center, 700 Children's Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43205, United States
Why Nationwide Children's Hospital?
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud
- The Senior Intellectual Property (IP) Coordinator is an experienced intellectual property professional and oversees the management of a significant portion of the patent docket for the Office of Technology Commercialization.
- They are responsible for maintaining relevant records through the database, and preparing reports on activity.
- This position is also responsible for managing communication with external law firms, inventors, and licensees as it relates to patent applications the Office of Technology Commercialization (OTC) and Provides patent prosecution guidance to the other OTC operational staff and to the Licensing Associates as necessary.
- The Senior Intellectual Property Coordinator will also actively lead and participate in initiatives to further the mission of intellectual property education and advocacy within the institution.
- Manages the patent docket and ensures that all deadlines are met for dates related to patent applications.
- Provides support and co-management with the Licensing Associates to the more Jr. IP coordinators.
- Ensures that the database is being appropriately maintained by all of the IP coordinators as it relates to the database entry of patent application information.
- Provides patent prosecution guidance to the other IP Coordinators and to the Licensing Associates as necessary.
- Works with law firm, licensing staff and inventors to coordinate the execution of all necessary legal documents associated with patent applications
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Follow-up individually with each staff member on a regular basis concerning patent deadlines.
- Works to provide innovative portfolio docketing and reporting mechanisms with individual licensees and ensures that these efforts work congruently with Licensing Associate and Alliance Manager initiatives.
- Coordinates response to office actions amongst appropriate stakeholders
- Attend OTC staff meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: