GnomeDX is seeking an experienced molecular laboratory technologist to work in a team environment in a CLIA-certified laboratory. The role will primarily focus on high-volume COVID-19 PCR testing in the clinical laboratory.
GnomeDX is an independent laboratory focused in molecular biology with a focus in COVID-19 PCR testing, Pharmacogenomics, and is a Contract Research Organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receive samples into the CLIA lab and evaluates samples for acceptability
- Ensure samples are properly accessioned and prepared for testing
- Perform RNA isolations and RT-PCR using the Fluidigm Biomark system
- Analyze and review results and accurately enter results into the lab information system
- Perform routine maintenance of laboratory equipment
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and safety measures to ensure quality and accurate results.
- Troubleshoot any issues with testing or equipment
MT, MLT, MS, or BS in Molecular Biology, Biology, or Biochemistry with experience in nucleic acid isolations and molecular biology techniques. Experience in a CLIA lab setting is desired.
The position requires attention to detail, a high level of independence, with accuracy in the execution of protocols in a high throughput environment. Good communication skills are a must.
Job Type: Full-time
- PCR: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Required)